(Price is $195 per metre; each metre is 2.5m in width/drop.)
Our Ultima shielding fabric provides excellent protection from radiofrequency (wireless) radiation from mobile phone and NBN transmitters, smart meters, neighbour's WiFi and other sources of radiation.
Swiss Shield Ultima is a high quality, lightweight, semitransparent cotton fabric with a denser weave than the Naturell fabric. The cotton fibre is spun with a gossamer-thin silvered copper thread.
It can be used for curtains, wall hangings and bed linen.
It has high screening ability and blocks up to 99.9% of radiation, depending on the frequency.
Like other Swiss Shield fabrics, Ultima has not been treated with any chemicals, including bleach or flame retardants, that people with chemical sensitivities can find irritating.
Laboratory test results show that the Ultima fabric is effective for blocking radiofrequency radiation over a wide range of frequencies.
The results show shielding effectiveness for both one and two layers of the fabric.
Page 2 shows shielding effectiveness in dB as a graph. The higher the dB number, the greater the level of shielding effectiveness.
Page 3 shows shielding effectiveness as a percentage of radiation blocked. You can see that one layer blocks between 92% and 99.99% of radiation and two layers blocks even more.
You can see the test results here.
- Drop: 250 cm
- Attenuation: 35 dB at 1 GHz - this means that only 0.1% of high frequency radiation can permeate the shielding fabric.
- Color: Ecru-White
- Raw materials: 82 % cotton, 18 % copper and silver
- Weight: 88 g/m²
- Dimension stability: 3 %
- Certificates: Oko-Tex 100 and 1000
- Does not need grounding
- Easy care:
- don't bleach or dry clean
- gentle machine wash or, better, hand wash in cold water
- don't use harsh detergents, use mild ecological detergents that are phosphate-free
- cool iron without steam
- don't tumble dry.
Reasons for choosing Swiss Shield fabrics over other fabrics
Our Swiss Shield shielding fabrics have a number of advantages over other brands of shielding fabrics.
- They contain no chemicals, no harmful substances and have the highest OEKOtex 100 certification.
- Unlike other brands, they do not use silver-plated nylon (polyamide monofilament) because the silver plating can wear off with handling and reduce shielding effectiveness.
- Unlike silver-plated fabrics, they do not turn grey over time.
- They do not contain polyester, microplastics or nanoplastics which are harmful to the environment.
- They do not cause bad smells, as sometimes happens in canopies made of silver-plated polyester.
- They do not expose the body to silver.
- They have a long shielding life, whereas many fabrics on the market lose shielding quickly.
- They are attractive, pleasant to use and easily washable.
If you would like us to organise a quote for the making of a curtain from this fabric, please complete & email this quote form.
Which fabric should you select?
- for shielded bed canopies: the Naturell fabric, for excellent breathability and protection
- for clothing, bed linen and curtains, the Ultima fabric,
Does the Ultima fabric protect against 5G?
The Ultima fabric protects blocks wireless radiation across a wide range of frequencies.
You can see the shielding effectiveness at the lower 5G frequencies (3.5 GHz) and higher 5G frequencies in the test reports above.
From a customer who was experiencing 'serious chest pain and cognitive disturbances' from a source of wireless radiation outside the home: 'I put up the ultima curtains facing the device and I have zero symptoms. It is a great product.' K.P.
'I just wanted to thank you so much for getting the material out so quickly to me. I ... spent the rest of the day making the curtains. Today has been so busy because it's the first day I've had energy and limited pain in weeks so there was so much to be done. I've even been out exercising. I sat in the lounge room last night and it was like someone turned off the background noise, it was so peaceful. The readings on my TF2 were up to 19,000 in RF from 3pm-11pm previously but with the curtains up yesterday afternoon and evening, they were around 200-300. My lounge room feels so much better. Maybe I can actually get better now. Thank you for all your help and advice, I really appreciate it.' D.M.
'I love the fabric. I was astonished at how effective it is. You just hold it and you know you've got something really special.' S.C.
'Since installing the curtains the feel of being microwaved all day and experiencing most of the above symptoms has definitely eased.' P.M.
'your curtain fabric is just beautiful. I will most definitely order more. It’s such a great solution.' A.S.