EMR Australia PL is Australia’s leading resource for creating EMR-safe homes, businesses and learning environments.
Established in 2003, EMR Australia helps Australians, no matter where in Australia they live or work, to understand and reduce their exposure to this Class 2B carcinogenic environmental pollutant.
Lyn McLean, founder and Managing Director
Lyn McLean is Australia’s foremost expert on understanding and reducing exposure to electromagnetic exposures in homes, businesses and learning environments.
She has been working in this field since 1996 and brings a commitment to helping people and over two decades of experience to her work.
Lyn has been involved in or commented on the major political and regulatory developments of the last two decades.
- She is the author of four books on electromagnetic radiation:
- ‘Wireless-wise Families’, Scribe, 2017
- 'The Force - living safely in a world of electromagnetic pollution', Scribe, 2011;
- 'Wireless-wise Kids - safer ways to use mobile and wireless technology', 2013.
- 'Watt's the Buzz?', Scribe, 2004
- She is co-author of the paper 'Measurement and analysis of power-frequency magnetic fields in residences: Results from a pilot study', Malka N Halgamuge and Lyn McLean, Measurement 125(2018):415-424.
- She has published a regular report, 'EMR and Health', since 1996.
- She was Executive Officer of the EMR Association of Australia and Secretary of its forerunner, the EMR Alliance for nine years.
- She was Deputy Chair, of the ACIF Committee that developed the Code for the Deployment of Radiocommunications Infrastructure - and Deputy-Chair of the Communications Alliance committee that revised this Code in 2010-2011.
- She was a member of the Department of Health’s EME Reference Group, hosted by ARPANSA, for over 15 years.
- She was a member of the local government committee that developed the Model Telecommunications and Radiocommunications DCP.
- She was a member of the Consultative Group for the development of the Australian Standard for ELF 2004-2011.
- She is a qualified trainer and educator; who has presented at conferences, Senate Inquiries, committees and numerous public meetings.
- She has written extensively for newsletters and magazines and given media interviews.
You can hear some of Lyn McLean’s talks and interviews here.
Lyn has established a team of qualified and dedicated professionals and an extensive network of experts and resources to help achieve the best outcomes for her clients.
Dr Malka Halgamuge, PhD, Electrical Engineering
Melbourne-based Malka is a respected and experienced expert in the field of electrical engineering who has an interest in the biological effects of electromagnetic radiation. She provides assessments of electromagnetic exposures for households and businesses. She is a:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering
- university lecturer in electrical engineering
- author of numerous scientific papers on the measurement of electromagnetic fields.
- a member of various professional engineering societies.
‘You are doing a great job and a wonderful service to the Australian community. Keep up the good work.' By L.C.
‘Hi Lyn - just want to say thank you for the great site and information. I stumbled across it yesterday and am just SO glad I did. Being Australian based is even better!" By Anne
"(I am) very grateful for your excellent website/book and alerts/information." By S.E.
'I also appreciate your integrity in directing me toward a cheaper way of doing this. A rare commodity in today’s business world. Thank you. I wish you all the best.' By T.R.
'I am very, very grateful for your amazing patience in working through all of my concerns, queries, odd circumstances and, above all, for helping to calm my anxiety. You have shown exceptional customer care, seldom seen these days.' By D.R.
'Just wanted to also take this opportunity to thank you for your your time earlier today. I am so grateful to have access to someone as informed as yourself, your wisdom and passion is a blessing... My life and my son's life are better for it and will continue to be - all because of you!!!' By L.W.
‘Thank you so much for your very informative and beautifully presented, inspirational address By J.G.
'Outstanding service, support and education on practical solutions to EMR, WIFI and dirty electricity. The meters were invaluable as they showed me the energy drain which I felt but could not pinpoint or see. No more wifi in the office, no more dirty electricity in the house. I enjoy spending time in my office now as I can work at my computer for hours without being fried, tired and restless. Thank you, Lyn!' By T.S.
'I think Lyn is very committed to EMR and I thank her so much for caring about a minority group of people with this chronic disease.' By J.G.
'Was a pleasure dealing with you.' By S.P.
'I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work and dedication you give towards researching Electromagnetic Radiation and informing the public about the dangers and how to protect themselves.' By K.T.
'I can’t thank you enough for your great customer service and the free book you included in our package!! You have been amazing to deal with and I thank-you.' By L.T.
'My meter arrived this morning ! Wow that was quick ... thank you for your amazing service. It was such a pleasure to unpack my parcel as it was clearly packed with care and attention to detail.' By J.C.
'Your kindness is much appreciated! I have a study room that tests clean for everything except electrosmog so I am going to move my bed to that room. I will also paint the walls and rehire the meter to measure after that.... but most of all thanks for your great support and service.' By A.F.
'Great information. Well-presented and interesting. Thank you.' By D.B. [feedback on a group talk]
'Thank you. I am really impressed with the high quality and efficiency of your service. It is a real pleasure to shop from you.' By P.N.
'Thank you! You have been so generous :) The radiation from those smart meters has been on my mind, and I had been putting off hiring a meter for a while as I'm on a strict budget, but you made it easier for me and in hindsight it is really something worth prioritizing! I'm so glad I called you, I wish I had done it sooner!' By C.H.
'The package arrived promptly at our office this morning. Again, thank you very much for the great service.' By R.A.
'Thank you for your prompt response to our order. Excellent service!' By B.C.
'Many thanks, Lyn for making this information freely available to us here in Australia. Over the past years I have become increasingly concerned about EMFs and their impacts on our health but have found that most information comes from The States and is not always transferable to our situation here in Australia. I am looking forward to reading your newsletters and to having your company (EMR Australia) as a valuable resource as I try to negotiate this “new” environmental threat.' By Y.H.
'Thanks for providing professional, compassionate service to us and so many others. Your business is a beacon of hope for us and (I'm sure) so many others.'
By M. B.
Charities we support
EMR Australia is a regular supporter of the following charities:
The Orangutan Project
Meet Popi, the beautiful orangutan we sponsor. You can see more about her here.