All wireless devices emit radiofrequency radiation that is known to affect and potentially damage the body.
In two decades of testing people’s homes we’ve found that people generally receive more exposure to radiation from their own wireless devices than they do from sources outside their homes, even mobile phone base stations in many cases!
- increased the risk of brain tumours, especially in young people
- caused sperm damage consistent with infertility
- caused oxidative stress (free radical damage) that is found in many health problems and contributes to ageing
- damaged DNA
- interfered with hormones, including melatonin (a potent free-radical scavenger)
- is a Class 2B carcinogen.
Many international authorities recommend reducing exposure to radiofrequency radiation.
As well as the radiation they emit, screen devices have been shown to cause a range of other problems for users, such as:
- eye problems
- obesity & reduced fitness
- poorer reading for meaning
- reduced academic performance
- attention problems
- poorer motor skills
- more depression; less happiness
- changes to brain structure
- relationship problems.
… evaluation of current studies suggests that EMF may represent a serious source of concern and may be hazardous to living organisms
Measure wireless radiation
Here are some of the wireless devices found inside the typical home, school or business.
Mobile and cordless phones
Laptops and tablets
- The concern with these devices is that they’re often used for long periods of time and held close to, often actually on, the body, maximising exposure to the people using them.
- Even manufacturers advise against using them close to the body.
Warning: Don’t place laptops or tablets on shielding plates. You can increase the amount of radiation to the body this way.
Baby monitors, smart toys
- Children are more vulnerable to radiation than adults.
- Don’t expose them to radiation.
- Most modems emit radiofrequency radiation all the time, even when the ‘WiFi OFF’ switch is activated.
- Simply turning the modem off at night does not provide adequate protection.
- Bluetooth is another word for ‘radiofrequency radiation’ so avoid using Bluetooth equipment where you can, including in cars.
- Don’t put a radiating device inside your ear, close to your brain.
- Do use our Airtube headsets instead.
- Because these devices are worn directly on the body, people absorb more radiation than they might from wireless devices used away from the body.
Protect yourself from radiofrequency radiation from wireless/smart devices
- We provide radiation-free, nbn-compatible modem/routers and associated equipment so you can safely access the internet and use a landline phone. Download our NBN Access Form.
- Use our Airtube headsets. They are safer than wired headsets which can conduct radiation from a wireless device into the head.
- See Lyn McLean’s book Wireless-wise Families for invaluable tips on how to reduce your family’s exposure to radiofrequency radiation in your home.
Did you know?
While you can shield radiation from external sources from entering your home, you can’t effectively shield radiation from baby monitors, laptops, tablets and many other devices that areinsideyour home. This is because information is carried on the radiofrequency signal, so blocking the radiation will stop your technology from working.
How much radiation comes from your wireless modem?
Are you and your family exposed to more radiation from a mobile phone tower or your WiFi modem?
Take a look at this test we conducted
Be sure to use only products that can be demonstrated to work. Some companies make claims that their products protect against electro-magnetic radiation or ‘harmonise’ radiation, however their products are not tested to demonstrate they are effective in reducing exposure and we’ve often measured the same exposures with and without harmonising devices in place.
We advise only using products that can be demonstrated to work to give you the peace of mind that you’re actually being protected.
You can see the test reports demonstrating the effectiveness of our products on this website.