If your home has solar panels or you are thinking of installing, there are a few things you should know.
Solar panels and related equipment can potentially expose people to a number of different types of electromagnetic fields:
- magnetic and electric fields from the inverter
- radiofrequency radiation from wireless connections from the inverter to the panels
- ‘dirty’ electricity – when the inverter interrupts the flow of current through the wiring. You can see more about ‘dirty’ electricity here.
We believe that dirty electricity is a chronic stressor of electrified populations and is responsible for many of their disease patterns
Dr Sam Milham and D Stetzer, ‘Dirty electricity, chronic stress, neurotransmitters and disease’, Electromagn Biol Med. 2013 Dec;32(4):500-7. doi: 10.3109/15368378.2012.743909. Epub 2013 Jan 16.
Protect yourself from dirty electricity
- We have filters that can reduce the levels of DE in the home, but they should be installed after the DE levels have been measured by a professional.
Installing solar panels?
- Make sure the inverter is not located close to a bed, preferably not on a bedroom wall.
- Make sure the inverter is wired to the panels and that no wireless equipment is used in the set-up.
Be sure to use only products that can be demonstrated to work. Some companies make claims that their products protect against electromagnetic radiation or ‘harmonise’ radiation, however their products are not tested to demonstrate they are effective in reducing exposure and we’ve often measured the same exposures with and without harmonising devices in place.
We advise only using products that can be demonstrated to work to give you the peace of mind that you’re actually being protected.
You can see the test reports demonstrating the effectiveness of our products on this website.