Detoxify your body and your home easily and economically with our Zeo Natural Zeolite (clinoptilolite) Powder.
Zeolites are naturally occurring, crystalline compounds that perform detoxifying functions by capturing ions and molecules in their cavities. They are widely used internally and in industry for their detoxifying effects.
Clinoptilolite zeolite has been shown to be effective in removing heavy metals, chemicals, bacterial and viral contaminants from the body. Thus, it can be helpful for health, particularly for people with electromagnetic, chemical and other sensitivities in which environmental toxins are implicated.
Zeo Natural Zeolite Powder is an Australian organic-certified, extremely fine, high-quality zeolite (clinoptilolite) powder. It can be taken internally or used for a wide range of practical functions.
It differs from Activated Zeolite in that it contains traces of the water that was present at the time of its formation.
Zeo Natural Zeolite Powder can be used for skin care, first aid, personal hygiene, pet care and more.
- Detoxify and soften washing by adding a dessert-spoon of zeolite to a full load.
- Remove chemicals from new clothes by soaking them in a bucket of water with a tsp of zeolite.
- Remove odours by placing a saucer with zeolite in a room and spraying it lightly with water.
- Remove chemicals from fruit and vegetables by soaking them in zeolite water for a few minutes before use.
- Add zeolite to water and pour it into smelly drains to reduce the smell.
- Make a zeolite paste and use it for cleaning most surfaces, including sticky substances and whiteboards.
- Sprinkle zeolite on garbage bins and other areas where bacteria might be present.
- Take internally to detosify the body (see below).
- Use as a face mask for pimples (mix 2 tsp water and 1 tablespoon zeolite and apply).
- Gargle it as a mouth wash to remove harmful bacteria.
- Apply to the skin to relieve rashes, bites, stings, burns and sunburn (mix with water and apply the paste).
- Add 1 tablespoon to a bath to detoxify while soaking.
- Add 1 tsp to a glass of water and use as a mouthwash.
- Soothe feet by soaking them in zeolite water.
- Apply it as a deodorant.
Zeolite's detoxifying benefits
Human and animal studies show that they have:
- inhibited the proliferation of some viruses
- improved overall health
- interfered with lipid peroxidation
- removed radioactive elements, aflatoxins and poisons in pets
- anti-diarrhoic properties
- contributed to the reduction of toxic perfluorinated compounds in humans
- removed lead in the body
- improved intestinal wall integrity
- had mild anti-inflammatory effects
- helped prevent the growth of P. gingivalis bacteria.
Here are a number of peer-reviewed studies which reviewed the relevant research on zeolites and found beneficial effects.
Improved antioxidant defense
A 2018 review by Sandra Pavelic and team reviewed research on zeolites and concluded that, 'Due to clinoptilolite’s remarkable ion-exchange and adsorption properties and consequent detoxifying effects, it has proven useful in the elimination of a variety of contaminants from the body or in amelioration of the intestinal status.' The authors found that it improved the body's antioxidant defense system and 'may also be linked to the positive general systemic impact'. (Pavelic, SK et al, 'Critical Review on Zeolite Clinoptilolite Safety and Medical Applications in vivo', Front Pharmacol. 2018; 9: 1350.'
Improved overall welling
A 2019 review by Andrea Mastinu found that ‘ZC (Zeolite Clinoptilolite) could purify the internal environment of our body, maintain gut microbiota homeostasis for healthy brain activity, improve the antioxidant and endogenous anti-inflammatory activities thereby improving the overall wellbeing of the patient.’ (Mastinu, A et al, ‘Zeolite Clinoptilolite: Therapeutic Virtues of an Ancient Mineral’, Molecules 2019 Apr; 24(8): 1517. doi: 10.3390/molecules24081517
Improved gut integrity
- A study designed to zeolite supplementation affects intestinal wall permeability (an issue with leaky gut syndrome) found ‘Twelve weeks of zeolite supplementation exerted beneficial effects on intestinal wall integrity’. (Lamprecht M, Bogner S, Steinbauer K, et al. Effects of zeolite supplementation on parameters of intestinal barrier integrity, inflammation, redoxbiology and performance in aerobically trained subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:40. Published 2015 Oct 20. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0101-z;)
- A trial found that ’PMA(Panaceo-microactivation)-zeolite possibly can lower inflammation in the gut of IBS patients.’ (Ventzislav Petkov et al, ‘PMA-zeolite can modulate inflammation associated markers in irritable bowel disease – an explorative randomized, double blinded, controlled pilot trial’, Neuroendocrinology Letters Volume 42 No. 1 2021)
Researchers evaluated zeolite’s effectiveness in dealing with different viruses - Human adenovirus 5, herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV 1) and human enteroviruses (coxsackievirus B5 and echovirus 7). They found that zeolite reduce proliferation of all viruses, particularly the herpes) and enteroviruses and effects depended on concentration. They concluded ‘Our study indicates an inhibitory effect of MZ upon viral proliferation ’ and suggested zeolite could potentially be used to purify drinking water. (Magdalena Grce and Kresˇimir Pavelic, ‘Antiviral properties of clinoptilolite’, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 79 (2005) 165–169; )
How to take zeolite
If you take zeolite internally, we suggest beginning with a small quantity (such as 1/4 tsp) and increasing quantity, as recommended.
- Add zeolite to a glass of water.
- Stir and drink throughout the day. Top up the glass with water, as needed.
If you’re out and about, you can add zeolite to your water bottle and shake before drinking.
Zeolite can be taken at any time of day, but it may be best to avoid drinking too much water close to bed time.
What certification does this product have?
Zeolite is listed in The Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code - Schedule 8, updated 13 April 2017 (see Sodium aluminosilicate).
It is Australian Organic Certified, which means that the process meets the Australian Organic association's standards.
How does zeolite interact with heavy metals?
All zeolites bond with positively-charged heavy metals, trapping them within their cage-like structure where they remain permanently. This is why zeolite is such an effective detoxing agent. When you ingest it, zeolite, bonds to heavy metals and other toxins in the body but does not and cannot release them in the body, as the bonding is permanent.
How are toxins released from zeolites?
Zeolite can only release toxic matter, including heavy meals, when they are immersed in acid stronger than hydrochloric acid.
'When my partner was chronically ill with electromagnetic hypersensitivity last year and we were searching for answers, thankfully Lyn McLean had some very helpful recommendations for us, including Zeo Natural Zeolite Powder. By following careful dosage instructions, the Zeo Natural Zeolite Powder reduced my partner's chronic headache symptoms and began the chelation process which reduced the heavy metals and toxins in her body. Without the zeolites, her health would not have started to improve at all. I highly recommend Zeo Natural Zeolite Powder in addition with professional guidance for anyone who is suffering from electromagnetic hypersensitivity.' By D.B.
'We’re on a broad acre farm and use a fair bit of chemical. We use zeolite for the following;
- internal use
- laundry (added to the washing powder)
- showering (especially important after chemical use)
- talc replacement
- in the dishwasher
- general cleaning around the house
- sometimes add it to the toothpaste
- putting it on bites and stings.
It’s also good for getting rid of ear infections.' By A.H.