WiFi radiation is radiofrequency radiation at a frequency of 2.4 GHz, the same frequency microwave ovens use to cook food.
- increased the risk of brain tumours, especially in young people
- caused sperm damage consistent with infertility
- caused oxidative stress (free radical damage) that is found in many health problems and contributes to ageing
- damaged DNA
- interfered with hormones, including melatonin (a potent free-radical scavenger)
- is a Class 2B carcinogen.
Its cute name does not mean that WiFi is harmless.
Studies show that, in animals, WiFi radiation:
- caused DNA damage
- caused free radical damage
- damaged the reproductive system
- damaged the brain
- delayed puberty and growth
- caused eye damage
- caused liver damage
- reduced memory
- caused cardiovascular damage.
If you use WiFi to connect to the internet, you are being exposed to radiofrequency radiation from the device you are using and the modem or router. The more information you download or transmit, the greater the exposure you receive.
There is no safe way to use WiFi. If you shielded a modem properly, you wouldn’t be able to connect to it.
See more about WiFi devices here.
Repeated Wi-Fi studies show that Wi-Fi causes oxidative stress, sperm/testicular damage, neuropsychiatric effects including EEG changes, apoptosis, cellular DNA damage, endocrine changes, and calcium overload.
Measure Wifi radiation
Protect yourself from WiFi radiation.
- Use a radiation-free modem/router to connect to the internet and provide a landline phone. Download our NBN Access Form.
- See Lyn McLean’s book Wireless-wise Families for invaluable tips on how to reduce your family’s exposure to radiofrequency radiation in your home.
How much radiation comes from your WiFi modem?
Are you and your family exposed to more radiation from a mobile phone tower or your WiFi modem?
Take a look at this test we conducted
Devices claimed to protect by ‘harmonising’ radiation cannot be demonstrated to work in any way that can be measured. We’ve often measured exactly the same exposures with and without harmonising devices in place.
We advise only using products that can be demonstrated to work to give you the peace of mind that you’re actually being protected.
You can see the test reports demonstrating the effectiveness of our products on this website.