Activated Zeolite Powder
Detoxify your body and your home easily and economically with our Zeo Natural Zeolite (clinoptilolite) Powder.
Zeolites are naturally occurring, crystalline compounds that perform detoxifying functions by capturing ions and molecules in their cavities. They are widely used internally and in industry for their detoxifying effects.
Clinoptilolite zeolite has been shown to be effective in removing heavy metals, chemicals, bacterial and viral contaminants from the body. Thus, it can be helpful for health, particularly for people with electromagnetic, chemical and other sensitivities in which environmental toxins are implicated.
Activated Zeolite is a super-fine zeolite powder with even greater detoxifying benefits.
It is ideal for people with sensitivities, as the activation process makes the zeolite easier to process and digest.
It differs from regular Zeolite Powder in that the water that zeolite naturally contains has been removed by a four-step activation process. This increases the surface area of the zeolite and enhances the cation exchange that results in detoxification. It also removes any microbes that may be present in the water.
Recommended dosage: 1/4 to 1 level teaspoon per day.
Zeolite's detoxifying benefits
Human and animal studies show that they have:
- inhibited the proliferation of some viruses
- improved overall health
- interfered with lipid peroxidation
- removed radioactive elements, aflatoxins and poisons in pets
- anti-diarrhoic properties
- contributed to the reduction of toxic perfluorinated compounds in humans
- removed lead in the body
- improved intestinal wall integrity
- had mild anti-inflammatory effects
- helped prevent the growth of P. gingivalis bacteria.
Here are a number of peer-reviewed studies which reviewed the relevant research on zeolites and found beneficial effects.
Improved antioxidant defense
A 2018 review by Sandra Pavelic and team reviewed research on zeolites and concluded that, 'Due to clinoptilolite’s remarkable ion-exchange and adsorption properties and consequent detoxifying effects, it has proven useful in the elimination of a variety of contaminants from the body or in amelioration of the intestinal status.' The authors found that it improved the body's antioxidant defense system and 'may also be linked to the positive general systemic impact'. (Pavelic, SK et al, 'Critical Review on Zeolite Clinoptilolite Safety and Medical Applications in vivo', Front Pharmacol. 2018; 9: 1350.'
Improved overall welling
A 2019 review by Andrea Mastinu found that ‘ZC (Zeolite Clinoptilolite) could purify the internal environment of our body, maintain gut microbiota homeostasis for healthy brain activity, improve the antioxidant and endogenous anti-inflammatory activities thereby improving the overall wellbeing of the patient.’ (Mastinu, A et al, ‘Zeolite Clinoptilolite: Therapeutic Virtues of an Ancient Mineral’, Molecules 2019 Apr; 24(8): 1517. doi: 10.3390/molecules24081517
Improved gut integrity
- A study designed to zeolite supplementation affects intestinal wall permeability (an issue with leaky gut syndrome) found ‘Twelve weeks of zeolite supplementation exerted beneficial effects on intestinal wall integrity’. (Lamprecht M, Bogner S, Steinbauer K, et al. Effects of zeolite supplementation on parameters of intestinal barrier integrity, inflammation, redoxbiology and performance in aerobically trained subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:40. Published 2015 Oct 20. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0101-z;)
- A trial found that ’PMA(Panaceo-microactivation)-zeolite possibly can lower inflammation in the gut of IBS patients.’ (Ventzislav Petkov et al, ‘PMA-zeolite can modulate inflammation associated markers in irritable bowel disease – an explorative randomized, double blinded, controlled pilot trial’, Neuroendocrinology Letters Volume 42 No. 1 2021)
Researchers evaluated zeolite’s effectiveness in dealing with different viruses - Human adenovirus 5, herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV 1) and human enteroviruses (coxsackievirus B5 and echovirus 7). They found that zeolite reduce proliferation of all viruses, particularly the herpes) and enteroviruses and effects depended on concentration. They concluded ‘Our study indicates an inhibitory effect of MZ upon viral proliferation ’ and suggested zeolite could potentially be used to purify drinking water. (Magdalena Grce and Kresˇimir Pavelic, ‘Antiviral properties of clinoptilolite’, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 79 (2005) 165–169; )
How to take zeolite
If you take zeolite internally, we suggest beginning with a small quantity (such as 1/4 tsp) and increasing quantity, as recommended.
- Add zeolite to a glass of water.
- Stir and drink throughout the day. Top up the glass with water, as needed.
If you’re out and about, you can add zeolite to your water bottle and shake before drinking.
Zeolite can be taken at any time of day, but it may be best to avoid drinking too much water close to bedtime.
What certification does this product have?
Zeolite is listed in The Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code - Schedule 8, updated 13 April 2017 (see Sodium aluminosilicate).
It is Australian Organic Certified, which means that the process meets the Australian Organic association's standards.
How does zeolite interact with heavy metals?
All zeolites bond with positively-charged heavy metals, trapping them within their cage-like structure where they remain permanently. This is why zeolite is such an effective detoxing agent. When you ingest it, zeolite, bonds to heavy metals and other toxins in the body but does not and cannot release them in the body, as the bonding is permanent.
How are toxins released from zeolites?
Zeolite can only release toxic matter, including heavy meals, when they are immersed in acid stronger than hydrochloric acid.