New Australasian Association formed - ORSAA.org
The Oceania Radiofrequency Scientific Advisory Association (ORSAA) has been established to provide independent scientific advice about the impacts of wireless technology. A particularly interest will be the impacts of exposure on vulnerable members of the population, such as children, pregnant women, the sick and the elderly.
The Association’s executive committee is comprised of Dr Julie McCredden (President), a researcher at the University of Queensland; Victor Leach (Secretary), a retired Radiation Health Physicist for 40 years and Steve Weller (Treasurer), community representative on ARPANSA’s EMERG committee.
The aims of the new Association are to:
- preserve health and human rights by advancing knowledge and expertise about RF;
- provide education by assembling a body of scientific experts and holding educa- tional seminars;
- promote the establishment of biologically-based RF standards that provide long- term protection for the public;
- promote scientific research on RF radiation;
- assist research objectives that bridge the gap between exposure and disease.
The Association is currently inviting people to become members.