The Acoustimeter is a high quality, broadband meter for measuring radiofrequency (wireless) from mobile and cordless phones, mobile phone and NBN transmitters, modems, baby monitors, microwave ovens, smart meters, tablets and other wireless devices.
It detects signals in the frequencies used by most communications systems (200MHz to 8GHz). This covers the 600 – 900 MHz, 2.6 GHz and 3.5 GHz 5G / LTE bands.
It measures the total wireless exposure in any location. It can be used to identify ‘hot spots’ to be avoided or shielded and ‘safe’ zones for beds or workstations.
The meter comes with a copy of 'Wireless-wise Families' by Lyn McLean with everything you need to know about making your home and family safe from wireless radiation.
Does the Acoustimeter measure 5G radiation?
The Acoustimeter measures from 200 MHz to 8 GHz, including the 3.5 and 3.6 GHz band currently being rolled out for 5G.
In the future, some 5G networks will operate at higher frequencies, such as 25-28 GHz. We will have an additional meter for measuring these high fields, but it will not replace the Acoustimeter, as both meters will be needed.
The Acoustimeter comes with a booklet unique to EMR Australia which explains, in simple terms, what you need to know about measuring radio frequency radiation. It contains easy-to-understand instructions, including:
- detailed directions about how, when and where to measure for optimum results
- charts for easy recording of your fields
- handy safety tips
- information about ‘safe’ levels of exposure
- instructions for reducing exposure from common sources.
- measurements in units of Volts per metre on LCD display
- measurements in units of microwatts per metre squared on LCD display
- audio function with volume control
- coloured LED lights for safety guidance
- peak reading display
- durable, vinyl carry bag
- user manual
- information booklet with charts and safety information
- 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee when purchased; if, after 2 years, the meter appears to be malfunctioning, the manufacturer has agreed to check it free of charge and repair where possible, as long as the owner pays the 2-way postage.
- internal antenna for ease of use.
- Typical overall frequency response using the internal antenna: 200 MHz – 8000 MHz ± 3dB; 150-200 MHz and 8000-10000 MHz ± 6dB
- Measurement sensitivity: 0.02 to 6.00 volts per metre [ V/m ]
- 1 to 100 000 microwatts per square metre [ μW/m2 ]
- The detector can respond to levels below 0.02 V/m- audio from signal
- Demodulation may be heard at RF levels below 0.02 V/m
- LED Scale Points: (peak LEDs updated approximately every 0.1 seconds)
- Peak: 0.02, 0.03, 0.05, 0.07, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4.5, 6 V/m
- Average: (calculated as the average 1024 samples measured every c. 0.35 seconds)
- 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1 000, 2 500, 5 000, 10 000, 25 000, 50 000, 100 000 μW/m2
- Power Draw: 105 mA at 3 volts (2 x AA Alkaline or Rechargeable cells @ 1.2 - 1.5V)
- Battery Life: Up to 20 hours. ‘Low battery’ detection is indicated.
- Typically 15 hours on two new 1500 mAhr AA alkaline cells and
- Typically 25 hours on two charged 2700 mAhr NIMH rechargeable cells
"It was great to have had the opportunity to see what we are dealing with and wonderful suggestions in your book." By S.C.
"The meter is fantastic! I can clearly see that the blocking curtain reduces our exposure to the smart meter radiation.
I can even measure the difference between the mobile data, wifi, & Bluetooth signals." By F.H.
"I couldn't believe what the baby monitor does. It's extraordinary!' By KM
“It helped me understand where the exposure is high in my apartment and subsequently to take measures.”
"This amazing RF meter can detect very low levels of RF (important to the electrosensitive!) and across a wide frequency spectrum. We located surprising sources of both internal and external RF electrosmog. For example, our 'wifi-capable' printer was sending out strong pulsed RF signals throughout the house (when in standby) even though we only ever use it via USB! (I've since disabled the wifi in "settings"). The Acoustimeter also picked up significant microwave oven RF leakage(!), and strong emf emissions from cordless phones (now replaced), wifi routers in the neighbourhood etc. You really need a meter to know exactly what areas need to be addressed and to find the source/s of electrosmog before you know what and where you may need to shield. Well worth the investment." By W.R.
"I was aware that I was being bombarded by EMR pulses when I slept. Your meter helped me prove it and enabled me to avoid further bombardment by moving to a 'benign' bedroom. I am very grateful that such a devices exists." By J.K.
"In just a few days the Acoustimeter has solved all of our ongoing attempts to figure out what was causing our physical ailments. We are very grateful for your service in providing equipment to take the mystery out tracking down hot spots." by F.B.
"I want to thank you for enabling me to hire the Acoustimeter. A cell phone tower was erected 300m from my house and I was showing some signs of illness. I have my business at home so it will be very difficult to move. I had the dilemma of my health on the one hand and my income on the other hand. This really stressed me out and I made the hard decision to move. I decided to investigate cell phone tower exposure one last time and stumbled onto your website. The measurements at my home showed it's ok. Thank you for having such a significant impact on my life. I have my home, business and peace of mind back." By L.S.
From a couple who hired the Acoustimeter: "Once we turned off all of the EMR-emitting technology, our symptoms stopped and our rashes were healing (I don't normally have arthritis)."
"After buying the acoustimeter from Lyn, i realised that my house had a high level of radiation. Since then I have disabled the WiFi function in my router and gone back to an ethernet cable. The difference was remarkable. No more headaches, no more muscle aches and a great nights sleep. I also identified a few wifi devices that, even though turned off, were still trying to connect, such as a printer and apple TV. It feels so great to have this insidious presence out of the house! Next to go is the mobile phone, once the landline is connected." By M.B.